2010 was a darn good year. Writing this post however took me forever I do believe I have A.D… ooooh look shiny little kitty! Anyhoo I will share with you what I thought my best moments of the year were (so narcissistic) and give you some stats.
Review copies 63
My own books 43
I hope to review over 100 books next year! This year I just want to point you to some of my favorite reviews that I wrote last year:
- The Secret History of Elizabeth Tudor, Vampire Slayer
- The Iron Queen
- Slice of Cherry
- Plain Kate
- The Turning
I write a lot of obnoxious, overly dramatic, offensive and sometimes helpful blog posts. Here is a look at what I think are my best of 2010:
- Will You Review My Self Published Book: A Blogger Series Animated Video
- Theft is the new black, an open letter to ebook stealers
- Today I got an email from god: slush pile is hell series
- enough is really enough: cyber bullying
- are we regressing as a culture? a look again at cyber bullying
- why I use a paid feed reader
- Mr. Darcy is doing it for the money: a look at Darcy Inspired Fiction
- Censorship Week, my take
- is advocasy for e-reading also advocacy for empty shelves?
- Comma Police
- Why aren’t publishers getting back to me?
- How to write a negative review
- Classic lit vs. political correctness
- An open letter to Twilight, a parody
PoC Reading: ongoing never finished I read 10 books this year for this challenge. The School for Dangerous Girls, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Cleopatra’s Daughter, Nefertiti, Poison Study, Magic Study, Fire Study, The Prince of Mist, The Frenzy, Slice of Cherry.
YA Dystopian from Barts Books, I finished in November and read five dystopian books: The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, Wither, Delirium and Dark Parties.
Fangtastic Fiction from On The Nightstand I finished in November, I read for books one from each category in the challenge. Hearts at Stake, Blood Feud, Bram Stoker’s Short Story Collection, and The Strain.
Buy one Book and Read It challenge from My Friend Amy I took the book blogger twist. I finished in March. I read twelve books. Wondrous Strange, Hearts at Stake, The School for Dangeours Girls, Blue Moon, Fallen, Fairy Tale, Lament, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Ballad, Witch and Wizard, Once a Witch, and Incarceron.
Finish That Series Challenge I finished in November. I finished five series or caught up to date. The Blue Bloods, MacKayla Lane, The Hunger Games, Nightworld, Morganville Vampires.
The ebook challenge I failed. I only read 17 instead of 20. Wondrous Strange, Heart of Darkness, The Iron King, The Iron Daughter, Fire Study, Mockingjay, Wildthorn, Silent in the Sanctuary, The Lost Hero, The Maze Runner, The Scorch Trials, Choke, The Iron Queen, Dark Parties and the first four of the Black Dagger Brotherhood series.
Historical Fiction Challenge was also failed. I read 14 of the required 20. Merlin’s Harp, The Secret Life of Josephine, Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, Cleopatra’s Daugher, Nefertiti, Anastasia’s Secret, The Prophecy of the Sisters, Guardian of the Gate, A Reliable Wife, The Fire Lord’s Lover, The Eternal Ones, Silent in the Grave, Silent in the Sanctuary, Dangerous Neighbors.
I finished the Fantasy Challenge in January. I read six books. Wondrous Strange, Merlin’s Harp, Moonlight, Blue Moon, Aurelia, Darklight.
What’s in a Name I sadly failed due to
1. A book with a food in the title:
2. A book with a body of water in the title: SEA by Heidi Kling
3. A book with a title (queen, president) in the title: The Other Queen
4. A book with a plant in the title: Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See
5. A book with a place name (city, country) in the title: The Enchanter of Florence
6. A book with a music term in the title: Lament: The Faerie Queen’s Deception
I finished the 100+ Reading Challenge but failed the Support Your Local Library after only reading 18 of the 50 I signed up for.