As you can see, bookalicio.us has received a small facelift. The reason this has been done is to make it more than just a stack of reviews in a shiny looking package. Here’s what changed:
- The frontpage now has a whole lot more than just the single latest post. Bookalicio.us now showcases the six latest reviews. In addition to that there’s the latest book news that has been posted and the latest book blog entry. Finally, the latest entry on Twitter by bookaliciouspam is shown at the bottom of the page.
- The header has been modified to contain quicklinks to various sections of the site as well as the RSS links. This has freed up space in the sidebar.
- A promotional space has been added to the header in which important posts such as interviews with authors can be highlighted.
- Category pages now show a compact list of all entries in the category.
- Tag archive pages and search result pages have been made a lot more compact.
- The page background has been replaced with a nicer looking one.
All these changes have (hopefully) resulted in a cleaner, more compact and easier to use site that’s ready for the future for quite a while.
Hope you like it!