On The Blog
Around a year ago today I became a literary agent. Laurie McLean gave me access to her query inbox and with CJ Redwine's help I found Cecily White. I read her book over a weekend day and forced Laurie to read it. She agreed that it would be a great first book to shop as a new agent.
I later sold that book to Liz at Entangled.
Today, that book is out in the world. And I love it dearly.
Read More …
Foreword Literary, Inc has three bloggers turned agent. Book Blogger is how we choose to identify on social media, and therefore that is how people perceive us.
On the day we launched Foreword publicly Ann Kingman asked who was going to do the first story on book blogger agents and is that a viable way for bloggers to get into the industry. My immediate response was hell yes! For others it is a black mark on a record, an immediate outcry of assuming began
Read More …
- On Foreword and moving forward
- Cover reveal: Olivia Twisted by Vivi Barnes + gift card contest!
- Email! I love you, I hate you, I want to be your frenemy
- Small Presses and Querying
- New Adult!
- On advice from interns
- Five year blogging anniversary!
- On boy books. Otherwise known as OMG SOMEONE THINK OF OUR BOY CHILDREN!
- New year, resolution thoughts, and a query charity thing!
- Inbox update
- End of the year type post.
- Pin it and Do it: Holiday Book Tree
- Query closure